- Wolverhampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and everyday. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
- Reading plates, confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Reporting and/or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- The successful candidate will be considered as one of the senior members of the shift
- Previous experience of counting and interpretation of pathogens, spoilage and indicator organisms
- Previous experience of confirmation of microorganisms thorough use of biochemical techniques
- Substantial experience working in an accredited Laboratory
- High level of knowledge and competence of Microbiology
- Experience of Laboratory electronic management systems
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.