Asia Operational Excellence/Lean Program Leader
- Tokyo, Japan
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Deploy Lean in Asian laboratories
- Support the further development of the “Eurofins Lean Academy”.
- Support the dissemination of the “Eurofins Lean Academy” and other best practices through coaching in projects, delivering of training, organization of onboarding events to visit sites, coordinating knowledge sharing calls with a wider expert network and finally, contributing to specific communications e.g. newsletters.
- Launch and run/coach Lean and other operational excellence projects.
- Support mature Lean projects and coach experienced Local Lean Project Managers.
- Participates in the selection of local Lean project managers and technical leads, by supporting local HR departments in assessing the Lean knowledge and experience or scientific expertise (as required) of candidates and participating in the recruitment decision process.
- Support the development of standard labs and processes (blueprints) for specific applications.
- Support the development and roll-out of methodologies and standards in performance and cost management
- Engineering, Scientific and Economy degree
- Extensive formal and on the job training of lean/operational excellence concepts and at least 3 years of multi-site implementation experience
- At least 5 years of experience on lean or operational excellence projects with at least 1 year of leadership experience (e.g. run a pilot or local implementation). Previous production or manufacturing experience strongly desired.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.