Laboratory Manager - Pathogens
- Wolverhampton, UK
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 euro billion proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
As a Laboratory Manager - Pathogens, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient operation and management of the pathology laboratory. Additionalyl, you will be responsible for ensuring that the laboratory operates in line with the Quality Management System, the business and client requirements to fully meet ISO 17025 and retail requirements.
You will manage, train, mentor and develop the Pathogens laboratory team to ensure that the team is multi-skilled to enable staff retention and that it meet the requirements of the business.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Day to day management of laboratory staff in all aspects of laboratory activities.
- Ensure the laboratory operates within the QMS and complies with all policies, procedures and associated documents.
- Review test methods and relevant documentation in collaboration with the Quality and Technical Team.
- Train and develop staff to ensure a multi -skilled team and staff retention.
- Provide technical expertise and trouble shoot laboratory technical and quality related issues, ensuring that this is communicated effectively to all parts of the business and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring the technical validity of the results and that the results are ‘ fit for purpose.
- Ensure robust processes and controls are in place regarding stock.
- Lead laboratory projects such as development of new and improved methods.
- Ensure all laboratory records are maintained to establish a full audit trail to meet regulatory requirements Investigate nonconforming work and complaints relating to relevant testing activities, identify root cause and implement actions to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain a safe working environment - H&S training, risk assessment & COSHH inventory. Ensure the lab operates in a safe manner at all times and lead by example in all activities.
- Ensure shift patterns are in place and suitable staffing levels are in place to cover 7 day working throughout the year.
- In conjunction with HR recruit new team members and deliver inductions for new starters in line with company standards
What We Are Looking For
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Degree or equivalent in Microbiology.
- Working knowledge of either Food Microbiology, Testing laboratories accredited to ISO 17025.
- Working knowledge of laboratory to retailer requirements.
- Experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory.
- IT Literate - Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Proven experience of leading a team including training and development of staff.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.