- Dublin, Ireland
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Due to our continuing success and growth, Eurofins is currently looking for an experienced Integration and SOA Architect to join the Enterprise Architecture Office team in Dublin, for supporting the implementation of a Service Oriented Architecture to seamless integrate multiple applications, technologies and deployment models.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in Service Oriented Architectures and Integration Architecture Management and willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Support the design of Technical/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime and operations architectures.
- Define solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns, automating business process models and integrating cloud based services.
- Define the SOA Governance processes.
- Define and support delivery of integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including Agile and Model-Driven techniques.
- Design message- and event-driven architectures.
- Make recommendations on inter application process integration.
- Fully understand the boundaries and capabilities of the applications used by the enterprise and how they can be reused or shared.
- Identify and address data and informational issues that affect integration.
- Identify cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business and technical architecture integrity.
- Work with other architects to ensure the application components align with a specific architecture component and meet performance and business goals.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, both at business level and technical level (e.g. architects, developers).
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Highly developed problem solving skills, tenacity, drive, proactive, creativity, planning and organizational abilities, strong improvement focus, and ability to work in a fast-evolving and fast paced environment.
- Strategic thinking: capacity to identify business needs and transform them into a strategic plan. Identifies solutions and selects the best combination of practices by taking an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Experience of delivering complex programs and managing multicultural and distributed teams within global organizations with many stakeholders.
- Results oriented: demonstrate a can-do attitude adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness. Sets up high personal standards of performance, seeks out new challenges and initiates activities.
- Team player: involves others, builds trust with colleagues, shares knowledge and seeks opportunities for cross functional working and collaboration.
- People developer: builds knowledge and expertise in his/her teams, and acts as a role model.
- Flexibility: Adapts to situations and different/multicultural environments, revises plans and decisions in the light of new information and changing circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Technical Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor ICT, Master of Engineering or Master of Industrial Sciences.
- 2 to 8 years of experience in architecting, designing and implementing Integration Architectures and Applications.
- Strong interest in innovative technologies and desire to work on pioneering engagements.
- Experience in IT and a strong interest in leading-edge technology.
- Experience in delivery of Integration and BPM solutions.
- Experience with an integration tool as IBM Websphere, Oracle SOA, Tibco Business Works, SoftwareAG webMethods or Open Source Middleware product such as Red Hat Fuse.
- Project management skills (nice to have)
- Fluent written and oral English is essential, German or French are beneficial.
What we offer:
- Challenges within a multi-cultural and cross-regional team as part of the international and fast growing Eurofins organisation;
- A dynamic working environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- An attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits.