- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
The ComLIMS Program (ComLIMS is derived from Communication and Laboratory Information Management System) consisting of two internally developed web applications and a range of additional services (reporting services, data services, Business Intelligence services), allow our internal customers, the Eurofins laboratories worldwide, to (cross-)sell their services offered to Eurofins customers.
The ComLIMS Program is at the heart of Eurofins strategy of cross-selling and competence centres. Components of the Program and its data are used by most Eurofins applications making the ComLIMS Program a key Program at Eurofins ensuring among others efficient end-to-end sales and production processes.
Due to the increasing workload following Eurofins growth and sales and production process standardisation activities, we are looking for a Business Analyst in the ComLIMS IT team.
- Collect, identify, analyse and formalize requirements from key stakeholders through workshops, emails, interviews, surveys, ...
- Writing of clear and well-structured specifications (user stories) for bugs and new functionalities/projects including mock-ups, workflows, UML models and service contracts
- Following up your user story/project/feature from your analysis to the development and testing until release
- Provide assistance to the second line support for the application
- Creation of user stories for bug reports / new functionalities
- Active participation and collaboration within the Program's Scrums Teams (consisting of around 10 business analysts, 30 developers and 10 test engineers) for user story creation, refinement, Scrum meetings, etc.
- Assist with the qualification of releases in close cooperation with the Program's release manager and key stakeholders.
- Management of documentation with a high level of quality: online help, release notes, customer forum, functional documentation, etc.
- Presentations and training sessions on new features made available to end users
- Engineering degree (bio-engineer, commercial/business engineer, civil engineer, industrial engineer) OR
- Master degree in science (e.g. Chemistry, IT, Biology, Business)
- Experience in software implementation methodologies is asset
- Experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Technical knowledge:
Experience with Scrum is a plus
Knowledge of Service-Oriented-Architecture is a plus
Experience with UML is an asset
Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Type and duration of previous experience:
Candidate having a strong interest in software development and at least between 3-7 years of professional experience. IT Business Analyst experience is a plus but not required if the personal skills can be demonstrated through other previous working experiences in the areas of Business, IT, Data, Project Management.