Director Enterprise Architecture Office (EAO)
- Brussels, Belgium
- Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. Committed to make the world a better place, we are one of the world leaders in food, environment, and pharmaceutical product testing as well as in agroscience services. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA. The Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 650 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 45,000 staff.
The Enterprise Architect Office is in charge of defining the functional and technical architecture of the IT solutions supporting Eurofins business strategy. In this role, the EAO Director will manage a small team of Architects who will deliver formal blueprints, who will pilot new technology and who will deliver specific software components to help Eurofins move forward on its Service Oriented Architecture journey.
1. Develop and maintain current and planned architectural blueprints. Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures. Define and maintain the plan to integrate business systems and workflows in support of business strategy.
2. Oversee the design and implementation of enterprise data and metadata structures as well as the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems, which should be modular, robust, and which will ensure performance while being designed to operate at cost sensitive TCO.
3. Create and facilitate a community of architects to share the best practices and lead Eurofins on its journey to Service Oriented Architecture. Develop and enforce best practices for master data management and integration.
4. Communicate architectural decisions, technical choices, plans, goals and strategies. Be the IT Services representative to the IT Technology Advisory Council (ITTAC). In coordination with Eurofins IT Infrastructure Technical Director take accountability for the technology governance of Eurofins IT Services.
5. Foster new technology introduction by selecting, piloting and procuring these technology from the market. Create appropriate training for the community of architects.
6. Develop architectural metrics and reports for the business and IT management.
Ensure follow up on a regular basis and as often as requested to the Group Operations Committee.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
- Improvement / success on agreed upon KPIs.
- Efficient Communication on Group IT strategy within Eurofins Organization
- Architecture KGD, guidelines and policies, plan and blueprints delivered on time and maintained
- Library of software components updated and maintained
- Reliability and cost effectiveness of infrastructure supporting IT solutions
- Definition and correct implementation by each member of the group of the company IT policies and Guidelines.