Project Manager Bioinformatics (m/w/d)
- 85560 Ebersberg, Germany
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45,000 staff.
For our Bioinformatics Department in Ebersberg we are looking as soon as possible for a Project Manager Bioinformatics (m/w/d).
Being part of Bioinformatics team, the main focus of your work is the development of software modules for analyzing data produced by "Next Generation" sequencing Technologies.
- Project Management of NGS Bioinformatics Projects including data analysis, management and interpretation of results, and customer support.
- Work with R&D team members to develop, implement and maintain functioning pipelines and applications upstream and downstream of NGS data analysis, interpretation and reporting workflows.
- Support data analysis specialists / end users (internally and externally) through troubleshooting and resolution of encountered issues with pipelines and applications.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of bioinformatics tools and resources through knowledge of internally developed systems, open-source programs, and commercial applications.
- Document all aspects of the bioinformatics environment for existing systems and newly implemented systems in a QM compliant way.
- Masters in Bioinformatics
- Experience in analyzing NGS data and interpreting results
- Experience in programming - Python/Perl, bash, R/Bioconductor
- Familiarity with Unix based operating systems
- Good knowledge of German and English is required.
- Experience in the application of bioinformatics tools in the field of DNA/RNA sequencing is ideal.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.