- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
- Be the business partner of one of the division leaders and member of the group operating council for financial and controlling matters
- Be responsible for all monthly and quarterly financial reporting of the division and its business units, explaining main variances in P&L, Net working capital, Capex and all other relevant financial matters
- Work closely with controllers in the business units and/or in the countries to get strong understanding of the business situation
- Make analysis of and alert on deviations between actuals and budgets, challenge the business solutions to bridge gaps and monitor the action plans taken
- Make ad-hoc financial analysis for the division leader and the Group management
- Strong implication in the budget process of the division and in particular be fully responsible of the coordination of the budget process and the forecasting exercises
- Improve, simplify, standardize and/or automate management information, reporting and KPI’s
- Support the coordination & implementation of Group’s Finance policies & procedures
- Ad hoc project management, including the implementation of Finance IT systems supporting the Group’s controlling activities
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business
- From 1 to 5 years of experience gained as controller or financial analyst. Controlling experience in the Headquarter team is preferable
- Excellent level in English with knowledge of other European languages
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g. interview skills, oral and written communication skills, presentation skills) as this role will interface with leaders of the Group as well as local resources and experts.
- Proven change management and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills, focus on adding value
- Strong problem-solver with “can-do” mentality, able to both pragmatically define solutions and capture and understand all relevant details when necessary
- Technical knowledge IT: MS Office products with advanced level in Excel.
- Strong knowledge of Cognos (TM1 IBM) is a plus