Service Operations Monitoring Engineer
- Heredia Province, Heredia, Costa Rica
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries and more than 45.000 staff.
Eurofins Costa Rica possesses an experienced team, a new service model, a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy as well as efficient IT infrastructure services for our internal customers worldwide and including but not limited to: Design, Administration and Operations of Datacenter Networking, Database, Automation, Virtualization, storage, etc.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
The main objective of this position is to deliver high quality infrastructure support under 24X7 monitoring of all the infrastructure components.
- 8 years of IT infrastructure support.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable education in Computer Science/MCA or any other related field.
- Basic experience required as Windows administrator monitoring and managing business critical applications.
- Background as IT System administrator (Windows operating systems, VMware and NetApp) beneficial.
- Basic understanding and experience in IIS, ASP.NET, along with any other type of application monitoring and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Effectively collaborate with Server, Network, Database, Application support teams during Incident troubleshooting and Incident bridges.
- Must have the technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges.
- Experience working with Global teams.
- Prior experience in monitoring and managing events coming from the SQL and other Database servers.
- Managing Major Incidents, ensuring that they are logged, progressed, updated, authorized, expedited and resolved efficiently.
- Chairing conference calls and/or group chats with participants including Service Managers, Technical Support teams, senior management and vendors.
- Regular notification to senior leader ship of current status and business impact during major incident situations.
- Post incident document to assist to identify the root cause of the incidents.
- Ensure proper escalation procedures are followed and correct support teams are engaged to troubleshoot the issue within timelines. Make sure a group chat is in place and followed by bridge call for all major incidents.
- Email notifications, SMS to be triggered in case of Major Incident within the given time lines.
- Regular follow ups and updated notifications to be sent every 30 minutes based on the priority or whenever valid updates are available.
- Certification ITIL Foundation V3 highly appreciated, but not mandatory.
- English (fluent) required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Basic Networking skills – routers, firewalls, switches, LAN, WAN monitoring.
- Intermediate Server monitoring and troubleshooting. Windows, Linux platforms.
- Intermediate understanding on Application monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Optional Certifications or trainings in Windows Server platform (MCP).
- Experience using monitoring tools like Solarwinds Orion, HP Openview, Business availability center or similar.
- Basic knowledge of Windows server 2008/2012 administration and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding in Data Base monitoring and administration. SQL 2000, 2008.
- Basic understanding on Virtualization technologies.
- Team Player.
- Smart worker.
- Quick learner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to listen, gather and understand information about people and situations, quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality.
- At ease with distant & international communications through a wide array of technologies (ticketing tool, documents and forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining.