- Dublin, Ireland
Eurofins, an international life sciences company headquartered in Luxembourg, is a world leader in analytical testing and has consistently been one of the fastest growing companies in the world for the past two decades. With over 45,000 staff globally, and a network of more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries in Europe, North and South America and Asia‐Pacific, Eurofins is responsible for performing over 400 million tests every year to make our world a safer and healthier place to live ‐ from the air that we breathe, to products we use every day, to the food we eat and the medicines we rely on. Eurofins establishes the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability, and purity of biological substances and products across multiple industries, as well as carrying out human diagnostic services.
Eurofins is setting up a new Software Engineering Operation here in Dublin, with the plan to grow the team to over 150 people within the next two years.
We are looking to bring great engineers, business analysts and technologists into the business to build and grow an organization with a start-up spirit, to implement world- class software solutions and the strongest IT foundation possible - Made in Ireland - for a business with an enormous global footprint.
We are looking for 2 mobile developers to develop native applications for Android and iOS. You will be part of a high performance team and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most transformational software projects that make a real difference.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to design and develop features for Mobile applications
- Responsible for designing, developing, and supporting Eurofins IT applications
- Collaborate with developers to create technical solutions, estimate work effort, and review feasibility of new features
- Manage delivery of applications to app stores
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Android or iOS platform
- Educate business stakeholders when new technical advances and features become available
- Establish best practices and continually improve the way the team operates
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Competent speaking and writing in English
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT/Software Development
- 3+ years’ experience developing Android and/or iOS applications
- Experience developing native mobile applications
- Experience consuming web services (REST) and processing data (XML/JSON)
- Must have a published application on the Apple app store or Google Play store
- Experience with cross platform Frameworks like Xamarin would be a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of Android/iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience with TDD, ATDD, BDD is a plus
- Experience with TFS or similar
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline concepts is a plus
Eurofins operates a Preferred Supplier List for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment. We therefore ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any Eurofins colleagues and that no CVs are submitted directly to colleagues in our company. Any speculative CVs or communications may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.