Senior Commercial Contract Counsel
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
This role is to act as a senior in-house commercial contracts counsel as part of an active and engaged team committed to enabling Eurofins’ continued commercial success.
The role requires a highly experienced technically excellent and pro-active lawyer with excellent business acumen to provide commercial and contract law advice to Eurofins Group leaders. In consultation with the Group General Counsel, the Senior Commercial Contract Counsel is responsible for coordinating and managing all legal aspects of business relationships with customers in a fast growing decentralized group of companies.
As Senior Commercial Contract Counsel, you will:
- Provide legal and pragmatic advice and support on commercial and contract issues across the business, helping the business navigate complex issues with an output and delivery focus;
- Provide legal support on commercial contract issues across the business, with a particular emphasis on key account customer contracts;
- Deliver relevant legal training programmes;
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments in the relevant areas of law, disseminating the information to peers and the business accordingly.
Your daily work will comprise the following:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Drafting, reviewing and maintaining precedent documents;
- Coordinating legal contract negotiations with business leaders;
- Coordinating, reviewing and keeping up-to-date Group General Terms of Sale and taking responsibility for the group-wide rollout;
- Building up and coordinating a network of external legal advisors supporting the contract negotiations;
- Handling contract disputes with third parties; and
- Responsibility for contract handling and administration.
You will travel to other office locations as required and collaborate with teams globally in a virtual setting.
Master degree in Law or similar qualification
Minimum 7 years of work experience in law firm or in-house, with demonstrable experience in commercial and contract law
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills enabling work with all levels of management and negotiate with external clients
- Strong negotiation skills and solid business instinct/judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, possessing well-developed prioritization skills given the likelihood of dealing with multiple projects at any one time
Ability to work largely autonomously with limited direct supervision
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French or German would be an asset
- Work in a fast growing organization
- Career in the multi-national, multicultural environment
- Independent position with wide range of responsibilities
- Unique opportunity to lead/ take part in international projects and gain experience with various businesses