- Dublin, Ireland
Eurofins, an international life sciences company headquartered in Luxembourg, is a world leader in analytical testing and has consistently been one of the fastest growing companies in the world for the past two decades.
With over 45,000 staff globally, and a network of more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries in Europe, North and South America and Asia‐Pacific, Eurofins is responsible for performing over 400 million tests every year to make our world a safer and healthier place to live ‐ from the air that we breathe to products we use every day to the food we eat and the medicines we rely on. Eurofins establishes the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability, and purity of biological substances and products across multiple industries, as well as carrying out human diagnostic services.
Eurofins is setting up a new Software Engineering Operation here in Dublin, with the plan to growing the team to over 150 people within the next two years.
We are looking to bring great engineers and technologists into the business to build and grow an organization with a start-up spirit, to implement world- class software solutions and the strongest IT foundation possible - Made in Ireland - for a business with an enormous global footprint.
You will lead a high performance team and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most transformational software projects that make a real difference.
- Lead a development team in our Dublin office and take responsibility for delivery of our software solutions
- Drive the usage and adoption of software quality processes in the team
- Establish technical visions and work closely with the developers in your team to turn them into reality
- Liaise with Architects, Business Analysts, PMs and other key stakeholders
- Peer reviewing developer output
- Reports on active projects to stakeholders
- Follow modern (e.g. SOLID) principles to design, develop, deliver and maintain high quality software components
- Refactor existing components
- Achieve high rates of code coverage using automated tests.
- Write documentation where necessary
- Develop working relationships within the wider Eurofins IT community and with select Eurofins user groups
- Embrace Agile practices
- Embrace automation in test, build, and delivery pipelines
- Embrace a mind-set of continuous improvement and high quality delivery
- Experience with leading developers in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Competent speaking and writing in English
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT/Software Development
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Development/Engineering
- Experience working with large, distributed, multi-tier enterprise application as a plus
- Experience with source code control systems, ideally GIT.
- Strong background in Object-Oriented design, programming, and frameworks
- Working knowledge of .NET 3.5 or later, and of at least ASP.NET and C#.
- Competent in the use of SQL and working with relational and non-relational data stores
- Experience in development of RESTful and SOAP-based web-services
- Experience with Postman/Swagger and related tools is a plus
- Experience with TDD, ATDD, BDD is a plus
- Experience with TFS or similar
- Experience with Octopus Deploy or similar
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline concepts is a plus
- Prior experience in industrial setting, and especially with Laboratory processes, is a plus.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of at least one Agile methodology (mainstream or organization specific) is a plus
Eurofins operates a Preferred Supplier List for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment. We therefore ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any Eurofins colleagues and that no CVs are submitted directly to colleagues in our company. Any speculative CVs or communications may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.