- Dublin, Ireland
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins is setting up a new Software Engineering Operation here in Dublin, with the plan to growing the team to over 150 people within the next two years.
We are looking to bring great engineers and technologists into the business to build and grow an organization with a start-up spirit, to implement world- class software solutions and the strongest IT foundation possible - Made in Ireland - for a business with an enormous global footprint.
You will be part of a high performance team and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most transformational software projects that make a real difference.
- Follow modern (e.g. SOLID) principles to design, develop, deliver and maintain high quality software components
- Refactor existing components
- Achieve high rates of code coverage using automated tests.
- Write documentation where necessary
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Develop working relationships within the wider Eurofins IT community and with select Eurofins user groups
- Embrace Agile practices
- Embrace automation in test, build, and delivery pipelines
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement
- Follow guidelines and recommendations of team leads and other key personnel
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Competent speaking and writing in English
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT/Software Development
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Development/Engineering
- Experience working with large, distributed, multi-tier enterprise application as a plus
- Experience with source code control systems, ideally GIT.
- Strong background in Object-Oriented design, programming, and frameworks
- Working knowledge of .NET 3.5 or later, and of at least ASP.NET and C#.
- Experience in development of RESTful and SOAP-based web-services
- Experience with Postman/Swagger and related tools is a plus
- Experience with TDD, ATDD, BDD is a plus
- Experience with TFS or similar
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline concepts is a plus
- Prior experience in industrial setting, and especially with Laboratory processes, is a plus.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of at least one Agile methodology (mainstream or organization specific) is a plus
Eurofins operates a Preferred Supplier List for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment. We therefore ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any Eurofins colleagues and that no CVs are submitted directly to colleagues in our company. Any speculative CVs or communications may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.