(Senior) Engineer Cloud Technologies
- Katowice, Poland
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
The Cloud Engineer is supporting the creation of the Eurofins Cloud Concept environment and aligns it with Eurofins business needs. He/She supports further automation and development of the environment with strong focus on the security aspects of used technologies. He/she also assesses existing IT Solutions, IT Infrastructure components and verifies their alignment with the Eurofins Cloud Concept environment. This position gives a unique possibility to take part in both: corporate and start-up environment.
The main responsibilities of a Cloud Engineer:
- Create a cloud environment together with the existing cloud concept taskforce;
- Create an automation framework and tooling for use in the cloud environment;
- Provide Cloud Consulting to Business System Owners and IT Infrastructure and Operations;
- Create and update Cloud Concept documentation;
- Deliver the content for the Eurofins cloud awareness program and support it’s execution.
- Update the reporting and KPIs around the project/concept;
- Support the team in day to day activities;
- Help to create Cloud Concept team policies and review policies of other Eurofins departments.
- Collaborate with the IT Infra Build and IT Security teams and management in other ongoing initiatives.
Minimum of 3 years of professional consulting or enterprise experience as a Cloud Engineer/Architect.
- Experience in the design of cloud-based environments;
- Public cloud platform expert knowledge, especially Azure and AWS (GCP is a plus);
- Background of a Linux/Windows system administrator or backend developer;
- Understanding of Next Gen Data Centre Networks (Cisco ACI);
- Have an understanding of on-premises technologies (e.g. VMware);
- Large scale application deployment and management;
- Creating solution architectures for availability, performance and cost;
- Configuration management systems (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, vRA or similar) and container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm);
- Understanding of CI/CD environments;
- Understanding of security, network, virtualization, load balancing, storage and database (on premise and in the cloud);
- Solid understanding of how to secure cloud services and data;
- All in all, have a solid engineering/technical background/hands-on experience with conceptualising, strategizing and architecting cloud solutions;
- Be able to work directly with customers - social skills and a customer service attitude are a must.
- Experience in the cloud incident detection and handling;
- Experience in designing and executing cloud related processes;
- Experience in designing and executing cloud related programs;
- Relevant Cloud Certifications such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS CSA Professional.
- Very good communication skills (concise writing and orally convincing);
- Very good interpersonal relation skills at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work in a complex international environment;
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
- M.Sc. or comparable education in Information Technology or Information Security;
- Languages: fluent English, French or German is beneficiary.
- Very attractive, multicultural and friendly work environment in fast-growing international company (more than 40 000 employees now);
- Possibility to grow and make the next step in your professional career and self-development;
- Long-term relationship and very attractive and competitive salary package and bonus;
- Medical and life insurance, MyBenefit system;
- Permanent contract from the very beginning;
- Possibility of Home Office (up to 20% of time);
- Flexible working hours.