Global Service Desk Engineer
- Heredia Province, Heredia, Costa Rica
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries and more than 45.000 staff.
Eurofins Costa Rica possesses an experienced team, a new service model, a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy as well as efficient IT infrastructure services for our internal customers worldwide and including but not limited to: Design, Administration and Operations of Datacenter Networking, Database, Automation, Virtualization, storage, etc.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
As an IT Support Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user support requests, and escalation of incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level agreement expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and support request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Eurofins North American Laboratory users primarily in the area of front-end devices and maintain users' satisfaction with their IT working environment.
- End user account maintenance; including account creation, ongoing maintenance and deletion.
- Maintain the front-end IT infrastructure (Workstations, Printers, Phone System, Smartphones, etc.) and ensure their reliability.
- Follow and further develop standard Service Desk operating procedures.
- Local order management of IT equipment and consumables.
- Assume ownership and provide consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved and respond to last minute requests.
- Develop in-depth Product Knowledge in order to resolve customer questions and issues.
- Interact with programmers and Infrastructure staff on issues that have been escalated.
- Document all interactions and problem resolution.
- Good experience in AD/MS Exchange.
- Any Graduate degree in IT or equivalent industry certifications.
- 4-8 years of prior experience in IT support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication English skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets (i.e. Developers, Project Managers and external Customers).
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a courteous and professional attitude.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Software troubleshooting ability for problem research and error isolation.
- Good listening skills; problem solving and the ability to handle multiple projects/clients at once in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to handle objections and counter professionally.
- Must have the technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges.
- Must be willing to spend the time necessary to achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have experience working with PC based hardware, software and networking components;
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Note: Positions are open in English, French and Germanese. With a minimum of 80% in fluency.