US Datacenter Administrator
- Heredia Province, Heredia, Costa Rica
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, more than 650 laboratories across 45 countries and more than 45.000 staff.
Eurofins Costa Rica possesses an experienced team, a new service model, a philosophy that will provide you with high quality, trustworthy as well as efficient IT infrastructure services for our internal customers worldwide and including but not limited to: Design, Administration and Operations of Datacenter Networking, Database, Automation, Virtualization, storage, etc.
Eurofins is a Young, Dynamic and Growing organization with lot of career growth prospects. We strongly believe that ‘Our people are our assets’ and we ensure that all our staff are provided with great work environment, good benefits and challenging Global projects to enable a fulfilling career. We are committed to provide enriching experience to our employees.
Supports the Data Centre Manager to maintain all datacentre standards, procedures, health and safety, and day to day infrastructure performance issues. The person will have hands-on experience in Monitoring and supervising all data centre solutions coordinating with vendors and resource engineers and ensuring effective completion of all installation hardware at data centres.
The person will supervise staff on site to ensure projects tasks are fully delivered to the right standard, and must have good knowledge on data centre remote hand support services.
- Strong working experience in managing strategic datacentre.
- Experiencing in project documentation and reporting.
- Experience in structured cabling, datacentre power management, cooling HVAC systems.
- Must have good knowledge on industry standards followed in datacentres
- Should have hands-on knowledge in Windows, Virtualisation, Networking, and storage, backup.
- Should be able to handle 1st level configuration of IT infrastructure devices.
- Must have good knowledge on support ticketing system, ITIL process.
- Should have good experience in vendor management, escalations handling.
- Should have good hands on experience in monitoring datacentre and assist team 24/7.
- Should have worked overall on all areas of IT Infrastructure.
- Willing to work in sun model support (24/7 shifts)
- 5+ years experience
- Project Management
- Incident Management.
- Remote Support
- Datacentre Management
- It would be good if candidate has hands on experience in physical datacentre management.
- Good Communication skills writing and verbal.
- Good knowledge on IT infrastructure services.
- Good Communication
- Team Player
- The successful candidate will have a self-motivated, get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team in Europe
- Be Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor’s degree with the right experience
- Will be an added advantage if worked on Laboratory related applications
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
Eurofins has a strong focus on Performance Management system. This includes quarterly calibrations, half-yearly reviews and annual reviews. The KPIs shall be set and may vary slightly between projects. These will be clearly communicated, documented during the first 30 days of your joining