(Senior) IT Infrastructure Project Manager - Applications
- Nantes, France
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Successful candidates will have deep IT skills, proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver highest-quality results in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
Together with the Manager IT Infra Build Applications, the Project Manager will work on projects in the context of Infrastructure applications, required for supporting corporate operations. This is a hands-on role that requires can-do attitude to establish close collaboration with the operations/infrastructure/project teams.
- Provide project management expertise and oversight of IT Infrastructure projects, ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery without compromising high quality deliverables;
- When needed, take ownership of IT projects and initiatives and bring them to a successful closure;
- Provide periodic reporting on initiative status, activities and tasks, risk, interdependencies and issues for presentation to senior executives and other major stakeholders
- Realization of the potential for improvement through optimization of existing organizational structures and processes, as well as the introduction of new standards;
- Preparation and presentation of decision-making material for the top-management and the board.
- Be involved in the build integrations: from the planning/design phase up to delivery.
- Cooperate closely with the rest of IT Infrastructure & Operations, Architecture and Security teams.
- Deliver quality documentation allowing for smooth transition of built elements to operations.
- Contribute to bringing Eurofins IT infrastructure to the next maturity level, by ensuring close observance of the policies, rules and processes.
- 5-10 years of experience in managing IT Infrastructure projects.
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with track record of working directly with senior leadership levels;
- Strong customer focused, team oriented communication skills with emphasis on building lasting, trusted partnerships through written and verbal communications with clients of IT in the business;
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding fluid environment;
- Personally you convince through analytical and conceptual thinking skills and a goal-oriented and pragmatic approach
- English spoken and written (B2 or above), Master’s degree (Bachelor also acceptable), able to do limited travel.
- Master’s degree in Management, Computer Science or in a similar field;
- At least 3 year of experience as a IT Infrastructure administrator or engineer;
- ITIL certification and at least deeper knowledge of a project management method;
- At least 3 years of experience as a Project Manager of complex IT Infrastructure projects in a large, preferably international organization;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Additional language skills in German or French are a plus, but not a must.
- Excellent communication with technical leaders.
- Team player.
- Systems Thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Willingness to travel.
- Position is open in Katowice (PL), Nantes (FR), Hamburg (DE);
- Very attractive, multicultural and friendly project environment in fast growing international company;
- Cooperation with highly skilled and professional team of architects, functional and technical experts;
- Flexible working hours;
- Possibility to grow and make the next step in your professional career and self-development;
- Long-term relationship and very attractive and competitive salary package and bonus.