Business Line Director Eurofins Technologies
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
To lead a group of Eurofins laboratories providing testing services to a specific industry. The Business Line comprises several countries which will be selected based on the geographical, cultural & business experience of the leader and counts around 500 to 1500 employees not including those of planned acquisitions.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
1. Leadership over the Managing Directors (MD) / BU Managers of Eurofins laboratories and other businesses of the Business Line
- Act as Eurofins representative as member of the board or Managing Director (MD) in various holding and/or operating companies of the Business Line.
- Recruit, promote or develop talented leaders for all Eurofins Companies and Business Units under your responsibility.
- Lead according to Eurofins Leadership Charter and act as a role model for leadership and staff. Eurofins leadership principles give a very large degree of autonomy to each Business’ MD (within agreed upon financial and operational performance measures).
- Lead and support the development of the individual performance of the BU Managers / Managing Directors of businesses of your Business Line.
- Define and agree goals and milestones with the MDs / BU Managers and, as applicable, laboratory managers, and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Lead the decision-making process related to large investments.
- Overall responsibility for Quality of services and compliance with all legal and contractual obligations in all businesses of your BL. Set up appropriate control mechanisms to detect any relevant deviation.
- Support the leaders under your responsibility in projects related to the building / commissioning / expansion of new and existing sites as and if agreed with the Group Operating Council.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to, in all companies or Business Units under your direct or indirect responsibility, that the companies accreditations are being maintained and regularly expanded and that all employees act according to Eurofins values.
2. Corporate Strategy and Business Plan :
- Develop with the management of the companies or Business Units under your responsibility, fine tune and agree with the executive representative of your shareholder, strategies, and a business plan to achieve and/or expand market leadership in the Business Line, while reaching and/or maintaining the required level of profitability. Implement the strategy as agreed with the representative of your shareholder.
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 years plan. Report on any deviations to deliver agreed upon results to your shareholders.
- Together with the leaders of each Business Unit (BU) or Company, develop sales and marketing strategy with a view to win rapidly business in the areas where Eurofins Scientific operates profitably. Initiate new businesses or develop existing capabilities in segments where strong market positions can be rapidly attained.
- Win outsourcing contracts of industry or public laboratories.
- Familiarize with all aspects of Group services to ensure awareness of cross selling opportunities and avoid duplication of production capacities.
- Provide substantial personal input on sales growth and acquisition of new key clients.
- Investigate and assess potential acquisition targets and contribute to acquisition negotiations. As required take leading role in restructuring, integration and management of acquired companies.
Approximately 10 years of professional experience. At least 5 years of these with full responsibility for P&L (of a business with at least 500-1000 staff and sales > 50-100 M€ / year) and proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / low margin sector.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.
If this has awoken your interest, then we look forward to receiving your informative application documents with your earning expectations and the earliest possible starting time. Please send all application documents, referring to 4-069-2018-1 through our Online Application form by pressing the button ‘jetzt bewerben’ right hand side below.