Data Protection Officer
- Katowice, Poland
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
Data protection is a topic of growing importance for every company. Safeguarding compliance with the often complex regulation requires excellent policies, a strong organization and qualified matter experts. The purpose of this new position is to advice the local and international entities in the Eurofins group on all aspects of data protection, support them in data protection related task and help creating and strengthening a strong data protection structure.
As Data Protection Officer, you will:
- Work on data protection policies, issues and related contractual matters as part of the headquarter’s legal team
- Provide leadership and independent subject matter expertise as a key resource and point of contact to business, partner functions, and other key stakeholders to inform and advise operations of their obligations under the GDPR and other EU data protection regulations.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing consistent privacy practices in multiple languages across multiple entities and jurisdictions in the EU.
- Coordinate certification under EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
- Collaborate with sales and procurement-oriented functions to accomplish contract reviews and remediate gaps in contracts.
- Monitor legal developments within applicable EU privacy and accreditation standards.
Your daily work will comprise the following:
- Conduct data mapping, data flow and record keeping, as well as determine the associated legal basis of processing;
- Raise privacy awareness through staff training
- Lead privacy project reviews for global stakeholders;
- Determine controller / processor status for EU entities;
- Conduct assessments, and manage engagement with local DPOs from other European jurisdictions;
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments and related audits;
- Act as the contact point for the Supervisory Authorities on issues related to the processing of personal data, company registrations, data subject inquiries, and assist in support of breach reporting;
- Respond to data subject inquiries and complaints;
- Manage the creation and maintenance for privacy notices to ensure transparency;
- Support customer engagement;
- Manage the creation and maintenance of Standard Contractual Clauses;
- Master degree in Law, Business Administration, IT or similar direction
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in compliance, audit, regulation or similar fields, with demonstrable experience in data protection
- Expertise in national and European data protection laws and global practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR, ideally with a solid understanding of information security and risk management/ knowledge of privacy laws and data security requirements
- Ability to maintain adequate independence to perform DPO function while supporting other organizational tasks
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Ability to work largely autonomously with limited direct supervision
- Eagerness to build and develop data protection structures in an international environment
- Ability to identify and communicate potential risk areas to management
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French or German would be an asset.
- Competitive salary including annual bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive package of benefits
- Opportunity to receive a bonus award from Internal Referral Program.