Laboratory Technician (Multiple possible locations)
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
As a laboratory technician at Eurofins, you will complete, to the required quality standards, the analysis of samples for a given method using laboratory techniques. Further, you will assist in the efficient day-to-day operation of the laboratory and ensure core company values are maintained.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Undertake all tasks within the main laboratory appropriate to the level of training as per the training matrix, and assigned level of seniority within the laboratory
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained
- Reporting and/or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved
- Responsible for ensuring that health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the local accreditation standard
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.