IT Software Engineer (multiple possible locations)
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
We are looking for high-performance IT Software Engineers with experience in the delivery of demanding projects building cutting edge applications.
Eurofins is one of the fastest growing companies headquartered in Europe. IT is delivering the foundation for all our operational success, the 60+ acquisitions we made in 2017, and the 110+ startups we founded since 2014.
The successful candidates will have deep IT skills, top-tier education, a proven professional experience in similar roles and a strong desire to deliver highest-quality results in a demanding setting at the core of our business.
In return, people hired into these roles will enjoy great entrepreneurial freedom, will get to work on high-impact transformational projects, and will be in a position to earn fast promotions.
Role & Objectives
Design, develop, troubleshoot, test, deploy, and operate software applications supporting our core business processes in bioanalytical testing. Collaborate with Business Analysts in order to:
- Estimate the complexity and the workload;
- Choose the most appropriate technical solution to meet the user requirements;
- Reach the optimal requirement artifact that will lead to a working software solution.
- Master and apply team technologies and processes, and take active part in creating Eurofins and team success
- 2 to 8 years of experience with developing end –to- end applications using Microsoft stack of Technologies.
- Strong and proven background in Information Technology
- Should have worked on at least one SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) project
- Good understanding of UML, object-oriented programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Design principles
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Strong experience in designing and working with n-tier architectures
- Should have worked in an AGILE practice methodology (preferably SCRUM)
- Strong working knowledge of Web application development using .NET, C#, MVC, Web services, WCF Rest and WebAPI
- Good working knowledge of MSSQL – SQL , Stored Procedure, T-SQL etc.
- Working knowledge of ESB or Message Queuing (MSMQ) is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of AngularJS or any other web framework is a plus
- AGILE, ATDD, TDD, UML
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to work in a complex international environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Fluent in English
This position is a launch pad for highly talented individuals into various, senior management opportunities – within the many business lines of Eurofins globally or in the management hierarchy of our corporate IT function.
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.