Laboratory Manager / Business Unit Manager (Multiple Locations)
- Brussels, Belgium
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
To lead and expand a Eurofins Business Unit in the country along the agreed upon Strategy. Exceed business expansion and profitability goals.
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
- Develop the Business Unit activities through organic growth (including outsourcing of industry / government labs) and acquisitions with the objective to double in size within 4 years (20% annual growth: 10% organic growth, including outsourcing + 10% growth through acquisitions) while meeting agreed EBIT growth objectives.
- Develop the local strategy to grow the business.
- Improve operations efficiency at laboratories and logistics (sample taking). Streamline the operational processes and make good use of IT so as to achieve high efficiency. Support the development, implementation and optimal use of the Company’s Laboratory Information Management System eLims and ensure its efficient usage at all levels of the laboratory to improve productivity and profitability.
- Increase profitability to meet best industry standards in all activities.
- Lead / take part in the marketing and sales process and ensure that the relations with the clients are good and efficient. Attend and lead meetings with key clients, at all levels and develop an in depth knowledge of customer requirements through regular meetings.
- Make sure that cross-selling synergies with other Eurofins laboratories in Europe are being developed.
- Take appropriate measures to improve economic profit, including hands-on personal commitment in addressing situations where profit levels are too low.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent Leaders and employees.
- Define and agree goals and milestones with your team(s) and ensure goals are defined and communicated to their respective teams. Set up customer centric Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress. Follow up as appropriate and become hands on if required to ensure achievement of goals.
- Improve the technical and scientific aspects of the business units by ensuring the appropriate development and application of new techniques and business processes.
- Develop with the management of the companies or Business Units under your responsibility, fine tune and agree with the Group representative in your board, strategies, and a business plan to achieve and/or expand market leadership in your geographic scope, while reaching and/or maintaining the required level of profitability. Implement the strategy as agreed with the representative of your shareholder.
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 years plan. Report on any deviations to deliver agreed upon results to your shareholders.
- Develop and report on the Business Unit KPI’s.
- Lead / take part in Group projects / initiatives / assignments in the Country and abroad as agreed from time to time with his or her board.
- In relation with your Country Managing Director, negotiate and manage the profitable integration of acquisitions in accordance with strategic goals and decisions / guidelines defined by the board.
- Ensure that all companies you are in charge of have appropriate systems, work ethics and policies in place to guarantee high quality of service to clients.
- Maintain Customer satisfaction, including of internal customers.
- Guarantee and control that all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being abided to, in the Business Unit(s) under your direct or indirect responsibility, that the accreditations are being maintained and regularly expanded and that all employees act according to Eurofins values.
- Lead according to Eurofins Leadership Charter and act as a role model for leadership and staff.
Approximately 6 years of professional experience. At least 2 years of these with full responsibility for P&L (of a business with at least 20 staff and sales < 5 M€ / year) and proven financial success, preferably in the business services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / low margin sector.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.