- 3345 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL
- Employees can work remotely
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Sales on Reverb support Reverb Gives, which provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
Are you a copywriter with an eye for detail and a passion for how marketing copy can inspire and engage consumers? We’re looking for a writer and editor to help us drive sales, customer loyalty, and brand awareness through marketing copy that highlights what makes Reverb the best place to buy and sell musical instruments.
This copywriter will be a key member of the Brand Messaging team, helping ensure that all marketing copy aligns with Reverb’s established tone of voice and drives home our value props. This person will review and edit all marketing copy for grammar and consistency as well as contribute clean and engaging copy for a wide range of projects. Our ideal candidate is a strong writer that can draft and edit copy for a variety of audiences and marketing channels.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager, Brand Strategy. We are open to remote hires within multiple states. For candidates who will work remotely, visit this link for a list of approved locations.
To apply, please submit your resume along with 3-5 writing samples. Please include these as an attachment with your resume.
- Review and edit all marketing copy to ensure that it’s clear, engaging, error-free, and aligned with Reverb’s Tone of Voice and Writing Guidelines.
- Provide copywriting support for a variety of projects, ranging from email manuscripts, website text, and PR materials to ad copy, taglines, email subject lines, and more; Support copy targeted at both buyer and seller audiences
- Collaborate across seller marketing, product marketing, content, PR, social impact, and more to ensure messaging is aligned across campaigns.
- Own Reverb’s Writing Guidelines by ensuring that they’re upheld across all marketing materials and partnering with the Brand and Content teams to keep these guidelines updated.
- Help shape Reverb brand campaigns that drive brand awareness as well as campaigns and promotions that drive sales.
- 1-2 years of experience as a writer or editor (freelance or employed full-time).
- Outstanding writing skills and the ability to communicate to multiple audiences; Understanding of the nuances of marketing copy, including what makes an effective call to action, subject line, and more.
- Ability to write both creative campaign copy and more technical product copy; Experience with and/or understanding of the musical instrument industry is a plus.
- The ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- You are passionate about contributing to a marketplace that serves the creative community and are excited about Reverb's mission!
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!