Sr. Product Manager, Mobile Apps
- 117 Adams St., Brooklyn, NY
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
As a Product Manager on the App Core Experience initiative, you'll craft the product strategy of Etsy’s buyer-facing native app and work closely with your partners in engineering, design, analytics, data science, marketing, and business development to ensure the successful delivery of products that build real value for our customers.
Our app vision includes both a foundational experience that focuses on the fast, easy, and frictionless commerce experience while also using the cutting edge technologies such as augmented reality, computer vision, videos to help our buyers understand the product and build confidence.
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, N.Y., reporting to the Group Product Manager. However, we offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week. We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the role
- As product manager in the Native Apps group, you’ll lead a team in delivering experiences that focus on helping customers on their shopping mission
- Through market and user research, you’ll explore, ideate, validate, and build products that ensure our users have a clear and easy path to purchase
- Will be responsible for crafting the vision, roadmap and prioritize product features, through continuous iteration and experimentation of a new product
- Define OKRs and track progress against them regularly. Communicate plans and progress to cross-functional partners and leadership
- Will work closely and with outstanding designers, user research specialists, data analysts, engineers, and data scientists to build an immersive and business driving experience for Etsy’s buyers
- Will connect with other teams at Etsy and drive the execution and delivery of the team’s goals
- On occasion partner with Google and Apple to identify technology integration and promotion opportunities
- 6+ years of native app product management experience (iOS and Android)
- Have a history of successfully spearheading work of significant innovation and complexity, while developing and leading the strategy
- Have experience building products from the ground up, especially on mobile
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional team, and have an interest in solving challenges in the app space
- Have a clear understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design
- Strong technical background, preferably in app development (non-engineering) and exposure to app platform nuance
- Have strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design
- Great communicator, both in writing and orally, and can establish relationships with product, design and engineering
- Know when and how to run AB or multivariate tests, and how to interpret experiment results
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities, with proficiency in SQL/BigQuery
- Known for delivering high quality work while keeping your own team productive, excited, and happy!
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.