Senior Manager, SEO
- 117 Adams St., Brooklyn, NY
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy currently supports more than 3.7 Million small business sellers worldwide, with thousands of new sellers joining us every month. Etsy also built 75+ million SEO landing pages on the domain and has more opportunity to add more. SEO has been one of the most important organic channels that drives millions of users to the marketplace and brings new customers. Our SEO vision? Be the SEO leader to evangelize SEO and educate on scaling SEO across all teams who update the marketplace.
We are looking for an analytical and perceptive leader, who is experienced in developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies. As the Senior Manager SEO you help manage offsite and onsite optimization projects, report on performance, and help drive the company’s growth.
This is a full-time, position located (eventually) in Brooklyn, NY, reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
In this role you will:
- Be accountable for implementing, driving and optimising Etsy’s global SEO strategy & roadmap.
- Lead, coach and mentor the SEO department (Product & technology team members), ensuring the team has a vision and clear objectives.
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes
- Collaborate across various teams, coordinate content, design, social media, performance marketing and other activities
- Monitor key SEO KPIs and prepare and present reports regularly
- Be a source of knowledge for all things SEO proactively sharing ideas and recommendations to the rest of the business. Stay up to date with SEO and digital marketing trends.
- Support building the right internal SEO tools that support scale and growth of the SEO program.
- Work with international teams for growing SEO in various countries, with support to multiple languages.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- At least 5-7 years in a SEO role at fast paced businesses
- Experience with enterprises with large sets of landing pages & high trafficked websites.
- History of managing and developing teams. Natural coach, mentor and talent magnet, able to empower and provide direction to the team
- Thorough understanding of SEO techniques, tools, digital channels, proactively keeping up-to-date with the latest innovations. Expertise in SEO split testing and other testing methods
- SME on Schema markups, scaling on-page content with UGC, Mobile SEO etc
- Advanced knowledge of analytical software such as Google Analytics, STAT, SEMRush and other common web analytics platforms
- Understand International SEO.
- Highly collaborative with excellent partner management skills, capable of earning trust from the team and fellow leaders
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.