Collaboration Systems Engineer
- 117 Adams St., Brooklyn, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
What you'll do:
- You will help grow Etsy teams through improved collaboration, processes, and workflows.
- You will document procedures, policies, etiquette, standards, technical instructions, and other processes.
- You will pair up with other engineers and own medium- to large-size projects end to end.
- You will produce useful technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- You will work with stakeholders within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain, and promote a variety of internally- and externally-facing applications, including Google Workspace and Slack.
- You will assist in the maintenance and rollout of new applications and their integrations, including product enhancement and product upgrades.
- In addition to the functional administration of applications, this position will be responsible for troubleshooting, support, maintenance, and end-user training.
- You will understand and assess dynamic business and support processes to implement, configure, and optimize application usage.
- You will research, install, maintain, and troubleshoot application plugins/add-ons.
- You will maintain enterprise application reliability, including proactive issue mitigation.
- You will work to scale software to support fast-moving teams in a fast-paced environment.
- You will perform application risk assessments and develop risk maps to ensure users and data are protected.
- Most importantly, you will make apps do more than they were built to do.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Who you are:
- You are experienced with enterprise applications and how to integrate them with other systems.
- You are experienced with administering and developing in and against PaaS, SaaS, and ITSM applications and services, including Google Workspace and Slack.
- You have skills in Java and Node.js and are experienced with the support and administration of Slack, including installation of apps and bots.
- You have some familiarity with the concepts around cloud deployment, infrastructure, and container orchestration technology, e.g. Terraform, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes.
- You care about the security of our systems and can foster a culture of enabling users and encouraging compliance with policies.
- You understand that being an effective engineer is as much about communicating with people, understanding the problem to be solved, and influencing behavior/norms as it is about technology.
- You have a thoughtful, proactive, persevering, self-disciplined approach to delivering accurate, detailed work.
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment, participating in sprint planning, delivering work and contributing to a retrospective.
- You are resilient to change and believe in continuous improvement for yourself and your team.
- You are organized and analytical, value workflow efficiency, able to follow a project schedule, and are capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently.
- You have outstanding problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose and solve technical problems, complete root cause analysis and deploy permanent corrective actions.
- You’re creative, curious, eager to learn, and are capable of dealing with significant and rapid change.
- You believe in documentation and knowledge-sharing with others.
- You are passionate about your customer's experience.
- You are seen as a subject-matter expert and enjoy consulting with others in the business on achieving their goals.
- You are a strong communicator in both written and verbal forms, comfortable with messaging Engineering, Executive Level, and company-wide comms.
- Occasional travel will be required to support training and work-related events both domestically and internationally (post-covid).
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.