Engineering Manager, Experimentation Platform
- 117 Adams St., Brooklyn, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is an international marketplace with 65M+ handmade and vintage items from passionate artists, designers and vintage collectors.
Within the central Data organization, Experimentation Platform & Science team focuses on making experimentation faster and more robust for Etsy. We develop self service tools that are being consumed by our Machine Learning, Analytics, Engineering and Product partners.
We are looking for an experienced leader who can help build Etsy’s next generation experimentation platform.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and grow a team of outstanding full-stack and data engineers.
- Attract, mentor, support and retain top-notch engineers who design, build and support Etsy’s internal experimentation platform.
- Drive the technical and strategic vision of the team, and help translate day-to-day issues into coherent and robust systems.
- Collaborate with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- Plan and prioritize the team’s road map, and champion team projects internally.
- Cultivate a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering business results with the right quality and in a timely fashion.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
- You are an experienced engineering leader who brings both technical acuity and leadership skills to build a high-performing engineering platform team.
- You have 4+ years of experience managing teams.
- You have experience with an A/B testing platform, either through building and supporting the platform or running experiments.
- You have a passion for building data related products and understand good systems design.
- You are comfortable translating sometimes ambiguous business problems into plans that our engineers can act on and feel passionate about.
- You care about facilitating learning and growth on the team - you put our engineers first.
- You work effectively with leaders in product, science, and engineering.
- You keep learning and always seek to improve yourself. You are curious about new opportunities and act to explore them. Namely, you are familiar with the trending technology in big data and software development.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.