Senior Product Manager, Payments Compliance
- 66/67 Great Strand Street, Dublin, Ireland
About The Team
The Payments team at Etsy is committed to crafting and maintaining a resilient, streamlined and scalable payments platform for buyers, sellers and Etsy globally. Available in 43 countries, Etsy Payments enables buyers and sellers to transact in 19 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on our site.
We are looking for a high-impact product manager to work in the area of payments compliance. As a Product Manager, you’ll own the roadmap and execution of products passionate about reducing compliance and tax-related risk for Etsy in the quickly changing ecommerce legal landscape. You will craft member experiences to mitigate friction introduced by compliance and strengthen the trust that members have in the platform. You will also present to executives regularly on our progress against legal requirements and the development of a trustworthy member experience.
We are working in cross-functional product development squads consisting of engineers, product manager, product designer, product marketer, data analyst and user researcher. Besides the immediate development squad, you will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in and outside of the payments team, including our tax, legal and compliance teams.
This is a full-time position located in Dublin.
About the Role
- Work closely with legal, tax, and other internal partners to define and prioritize the highest impact projects and adapt to changing laws and tax regulations across all geographies where Etsy is present.
- Regularly present to company executives on roadmap progress, strategy and prioritization.
- Own and develop Payment Compliance’s product strategy and roadmap. Prioritize work thoughtfully and communicate commitments and updates to partners on an ongoing cadence.
- Drive the squad's execution by collaborating closely with Product Design, Product Marketing, Engineering, Research, and Analytics partners.
- Be responsible for the performance (and measurement) of the team’s product experiences, including impact to the business and our customers.
- Work with operational analysts to find opportunities, and craft both back-end and customer-facing solutions to address compliance issues.
- Integrate user research, market analysis, and customer feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs, as well as wants.
- 3+ years of experience leading product initiatives.
- Experienced working with payments regulations.
- Passionate about solving real customer problems and advocating for our member needs. You’re opinionated about trying to minimize any negative impact on the customer experience from tax and legal compliance.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style; optimistic and forward-looking.
- Experienced with using qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition.
- A natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making and has the ability to influence through informal authority.
- You have a strong belief in Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
- Experience working in a two-sided marketplace and/or ecommerce is a plus.
- Experience working with tax or policy compliance in multiple countries is a plus.
- Strong technical abilities (e.g. programming experience, SQL) a plus.