Risk & Compliance Manager, International Payments
- 66/67 Great Strand Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
We are searching for a Risk & Compliance Manager, International Payments to help lead the international portion of our Risk & Compliance Program for Etsy Payments. This is a newly created role on our Legal & Compliance team. The role works across all our offices worldwide to provide timely and business-savvy legal risk and compliance advice.
This role is a part of the second line of Etsy’s decentralised Compliance program, providing advice and oversight to several different teams who work on the first line of Etsy’s compliance program such as Compliance Operations and Investigations, Marketplace Protection, Payments, and Finance.
This position is located in Dublin though there is opportunity for remote candidates. We are seeking candidates with flexible work hours and a willingness to work from the Dublin office on a regular basis (once business travel resumes). This position reports to the Chief Compliance Officer (based in Dublin).
About the Role
- Help identify and operationalize all relevant legislative and regulatory obligations applicable to the international payments business including the European Union (Payment Services) Regulations 2018 (PSD2), Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010, as amended, and all relevant Codes of Conduct including the Consumer Protection Code
- Help with the continuous development and implementation of our International Payments Compliance Program that addresses the business’ ongoing regulatory obligations, including those relating to payments, consumer protection, customer due diligence (CDD), financial crime (including Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Counter Terrorist Financing (CFT)/Financial Sanctions (FS)/Fraud), data privacy and protection (DPP), anti-bribery and corruption (ABAC), and internal/external outsourcing
- Act as a regulatory liaison for any regulatory communications, inquiries, visits or inspections
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams including Trust & Safety, Payments, Finance, Privacy, Policy, and Internal Audit in matrixed partnerships to develop processes and product solutions that address compliance with international payments regulatory requirements for Etsy
- Draft and implement a suite of policies and procedures in line with regulatory authorisation
- Help build a compliance monitoring program for our payments business
- Develop and provide internal training on payments compliance topics
- Assist with reporting to the Risk Steering Committee, board of directors, and/or senior management on a regular basis on compliance and risk matters
- Possess at least 7+ years of regulatory/legal compliance experience, including experience working in or advising regulated financial services entities
- Experience in a PCF14/PCF15 role, or directly under
- Experience at Global Financial/FinTech and/or as a Compliance Manager/Consultant
- You have worked directly with product and engineers
- Compliance Certifications a plus (e.g. ACOI, CFE, ACAMS)
- Experienced working with the CBI and other regulatory authorities
- Experience with building and maintaining licensed products/services
- Experience in handling payments related risks including Open Banking, KYC, CDD, AML, CFT, FS, Fraud, ABAC, DPP,
- Excellent judgement!
- Skilled at collaborating with partners to drive better outcomes
- Ability to synthesise and articulate risk and mitigating strategies to key stakeholders, including regulators
- Experienced leading cross-functional projects