Medical Information Associate - Brazilian-Portuguese speaker
- Cary, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
PrimeVigilance, an Ergomed company, was established in 2008 by former Drug Regulators, to provide specialised pharmacovigilance services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. These services cover the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other drug-related problem (WHO definition of pharmacovigilance). Since then, PrimeVigilance has added other services including medical information call centres, and has grown to become one of the global leaders in its field, providing services to over 150 client companies in more than 100 countries. We continue to expand as we strive to become the leading global pharmacovigilance and medical information service provider. Our Mission is a world with safer drugs.
We are looking for Medical Information (MI) Officer to join our US team who is fluent in Brazilian-Portuguese.
The role is ideal for a confident and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of Medical Information (MI) who is looking to build on their knowledge and gain exposure in assisting in the growth of a medical information department in the service provider industry. Knowledge of customer service or pharmacovigilance is also an advantage.
Medical Information Associate supports the Medical Information team with Medical Information inquiry handling and any associated activities.
The MI Officers key responsibilities may include, but is not limited to, the following:
For the Client (may include but is not limited to the following):
• To take responsibility for handling complex medical information enquiries in both English and ideally one other language in which you are fluent;
• To take responsibility for translational activities in your other fluent language, where applicable, and where the client has requested such service;
• To provide responses to medical enquiries from external customers including healthcare professionals and patients as well as assisting the pharmaceutical clients’ internal departments with queries where required. This includes acting as a call handling agent as part of the Medical Information dedicated call centre;
• To demonstrate flexibility in managing all types of medical information enquiries based on team need and work volume;
• To accurately identify, document and report adverse events/side effects, pregnancy and other special situation events, and product quality complaints in a clear and concise manner within required timeframes according to government regulations, and client and PrimeVigilance internal policies and procedures;
• To develop, manage, and approve FAQs and SRLs where required
• To develop second line responses for more complex enquiries where a literature search is required;
• To ensure that all medical information enquiries are tracked and fully documented within the Medical Information database accurately and completely;
• Keeping up to date with and complying with relevant SOPs and working practices, regulations and Codes of Practice. Take responsibility for the creation, review and revision of said documents.
• To be a Medical Information Project lead and serve as back-ups when appointed.
• To participate in the out-of-hours provision of medical information for clients who have contracted a 24/7 enquiry handling service
• To be responsible for the quality check process for the MI team
• Providing management with regular updates regarding project status and metrics concerning enquiries.
• Develop and improve the medical information processes and procedures
• Assisting in departmental regulatory inspection preparedness for the company pharmacovigilance system and actively participating in PV inspections or audits.
• Provide training to more junior staff as need on project and process
• Track activities using ActiTime on a daily basis
• Ensure tasks are completed with the highest quality
• Ensure that data received by client is timely and correctly uploaded by MI Assistants
• The MI Officer will provide support as required to activities undertaken by the Senior MI Officer, (Associate) MI Manager, and Head of MI including database upgrades
An undergraduate degree in Health Sciences is required. Nursing, Pharmacy, PhD, or BS degree in a scientific discipline, or equivalent advanced degree with experience
Ideally work experience in medical information or pharmacovigilance
A minimum of 1 year of experience in a call-centre environment (sales/customer service)
English and Brazilian-Portuguese - advanced (spoken, written)
Advanced literacy (MS Office)
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic team of colleagues in a fast-growing company – possibility for your quick career growth
- Multicultural environment, English as a company language
- Strong emphasis on personal and professional growth
- Extensive and specialized trainings in pharmacovigilance – internal trainings provided by skilled professionals, but also prestigious trainings/seminars taking place abroad
- Friendly working environment with several social events per year