Director, Human Resources
- Guildford, UK
Ergomed is a rapidly growing global clinical research company. We perform clinical trials for rare and complex diseases.
Ergomed Plc is a public company on the London stock exchange.
The company boasted 40% growth in its revenues in its last report. This success is due to the hard work of our highly skilled employees and our subsequent reputation for excellence with our clients.
The Director of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for the operations of the department, designing and implementing HR programs in alignment with the organization’s strategy and culture. The director is a key contributor to the achievement of the talent strategy, ensuring the HR department drives the attraction, engagement, and retention of the right talent for success. The position will have direct reports across Europe.
Duties and responsibilities
· Develop a core understanding of the business and utilize information to perform as a Business Partner to all areas of the organization.
· Supports Ergomed values by keeping information confidential and promoting a strong culture within the team.
· Oversee the employee relations program, exercising good judgment in the management and resolution of basic and complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Escalate complex employee relations issues to Global Head of Human Resources when necessary.
· Coach managers on handling disciplinary issues, work-related conflict and performance concerns; assist with the development of performance improvement plans.
· Assist with the administration of the performance evaluation program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization. Manages the human resources team, overseeing the allocation of work and performance against goals. Provides feedback, coaching, and mentoring, drives employee development, and performs additional people management activities. Works with the talent acquisition team on hiring efforts resulting in effective people management of the team, resulting in efficient operations of the HR function.
· Leads the design and delivery of HR policies, programs, and procedures to align the workforce with the talent strategy and organizational culture. Remains up to date on HR best practices and industry trends in order to identify opportunities for improvement resulting in improved employee attraction, engagement, and retention.
· Participates in strategic planning activities with the Global Head Human Resources, providing concise recommendations based on research, metrics, and organizational factors. Provides input and oversees annual budget expenditures and resource requirements.
· Identifies, monitors, and analyzes HR metrics to measure trends and progress against strategic goal accomplishment. Uses data to make business cases to senior management and to identify when changes or modifications to HR programs or projects are necessary, leading to improved outcomes and buy-in from senior management.
· Negotiates and manages complex dispute resolution, handling confidential issues professionally and appropriately in accordance with relevant legislation resulting in organization being legislatively compliant. Organizational and legal risk is mitigated in complex employee situations.
· Compensation and benefits administration: maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
· Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
· Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
· Support Office Directors with performance management; based on discussions and agreement on workload planning, targets for delivery, setting SMART goals and objectives as well as supporting their staff’s soft-skills development by close monitoring and regular feedback. Actively address complaints and take measures to ensure developmental needs are addressed, and involve HR as appropriate. Ensure all discussions are held in a professional, constructive, and transparent manner via a view to focus on team morale and motivation to ensure all staff feel valued and part of a team and an organization.
· Guides management and employee actions by preparing, updating and recommending human resources policies and procedures.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Any other HR related tasks and projects as part of the HR management team, either written or spoken in order to meet the HR organisations business objectives.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development, or related field.
Extensive progressive HR experience including detailed knowledge of UK HR and some experience working in other European countries.
Demonstrated line management experience including remote line management experience.
Proficiency with HR information systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
HR certification (e.g. CHRL, SHRP, PHR, SPHR, CIPD).
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business, Organizational Development, or related field.
· Normal HR activities may require travel
· This position may require working outside of standard business hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.