Information Technology Specialist
- 100 Regency Forest Dr, Cary, NC 27518, USA
PrimeVigilance covers the entire product life cycle, assisting global clients with the effective management of their drug safety information. We also have a quality resource for concise Medical Information provision made up of highly trained, industry experienced healthcare professionals. The organisation is also a proud winner of the Queen's Award for the second time in 2019.
The primary role of the Information Technology Specialist is to be the “face” of the IT service desk. This position will serve as the initial point of contact for receiving, logging and triaging all issues that come in via phone, email, or walk up with a goal of troubleshooting, documenting and then closing or escalating issues to the next level of support.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically
- Triage and troubleshooting of technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action plans
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Identify, prioritize, and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests, and provide detailed documentation of resolution
- Support installation of new end user computing hardware (computers, printers, accessories)
- Support network printers and other computer hardware as needed
- Provide support to Desktop OS and Office applications
- Participate in an On-Call Rotation based on the After Hours needs of the business
- High School graduate, technical degree preferred or equivalent work related experience
- 1-2 years of experience in network and desktop computer support
- Windows 10
- Windows Server, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Office Suite – all current versions; 2013,2016,Office 365
- Working knowledge of Administration of Active Directory and email attributes
- Basic LAN/WAN Networking principles
- Skillful oral and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation.
- Problem analysis: internet connectivity, IP addresses, domain settings, email settings, Microsoft office problems, etc.
- Attention to detail
Come and be part of an organisation that is experiencing steady growth and committed to rewarding talent. As an employee, you will belong to a global team of highly professional individuals working together to contribute to the health of people around the world.