Senior Manager, Business Intelligence - Equinox Media
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Plus. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
Equinox Plus is building a centralized Business Intelligence team of analysts responsible for delivering insights, recommendations and supporting day-to-day analytics needs and decision support to cross-functional stakeholders. We are looking for people who want to leverage data and advanced analytics techniques to solve and support complex business problems. The Senior Manager - Business Intelligence will be responsible for delivering insights and recommendations to drive growth, engagement and satisfaction of our customers. The Senior Manager will work closely with cross-functional leaders and managers to develop data-informed strategies to monitor and optimize the customer journey. You will be responsible for developing internal BI capabilities and democratizing data across the organization. You will report on key business measures, deliver insights, develop compelling data visualizations, data mine, and tell our story to current and prospective business partners. If you’re a ‘get-things-done’ individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to help build a best-in-class business intelligence practice from the ground up, then this is the role for you.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
- Deliver insights and recommendations to help leadership and cross-functional stakeholders better understand business performance, customer behavior and support strategic and tactical decisions to improve outcomes.
- Leverage diagnostic and statistical analytics techniques to answer business questions.
- Deliver and automate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; design and build visually engaging and informative dashboards.
- Present analyses and findings to stakeholders; ‘telling the story’ and identifying drivers and opportunities of business performance.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define key performance indicators, set targets, measure and monitor performance, and provide insights and analyses.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time issues.
- Actively participate in implementation and measurement of recommendations to monitor performance and impact.
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to define the business intelligence roadmap and build data and analytics capabilities to support ongoing business needs.
- Define and document measurement requirements for analytics projects, identifying project deliverables and milestones required to support stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to define strategic and tactical roadmaps while supporting data and analytics needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, analytics, math, statistics or related field.
- 7+ years experience in a business intelligence or analytics role (Marketing Analytics Preferred) with a strong focus on delivering insights and recommendations, creating engaging data visualizations and building analytics capabilities to support business needs.
- 4+ years experience working with SQL and other programming languages (R, Python) to analyze, explore, and mine large data sets to support reporting, dashboard building, and ad-hoc analysis.
- 2+ years experience planning and leading data or analytics projects.
- Proven experience building compelling and engaging data visualization and presentation.
- Proven experience creating and automating reports and dashboards and working with enterprise data visualization tools (Domo, Looker, Tableau).
- Competency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Collaborative and exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills. Entrepreneurial and results-oriented. Strong work ethic. Does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile.
At Equinox Plus, we believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.