VP, Member Marketing - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY, USA
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is hiring a VP, Member Marketing to join our growing Integrated Marketing organization, reporting to the CMO. You will be the leading voice in crafting the omnichannel strategy to bring physical and digital to life (Equinox Fitness Clubs and Equinox+ app) to support the members’ needs and encourage new member behaviors and engagement. You will be a champion of the member across the full organization and will build and implement strategies to increase member lifetime value and referals while working cross-functionally with Technology, Product, Sales, and Operations. This role requires a leader who is highly entrepreneurial and strategic — comfortable with both hands-on executional work and big picture thinking.
- Inspire the cross-functional team to create the best member experience by giving our members more of what they want, when and where they want it throughout their journey with Equinox
- Be the voice of the Equinox member as we build personalized, real-time journeys across all stages of the lifeycle
- Architect the omnichannel engagement strategy across Equinox Fitness Clubs and Equinox+ digital platform
- Work cross-functionally, partnering with Technology, Data, Creative, Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to execute on strategies that drive retention, activation, and long-term customer value
- Comfortable storytelling to sell in new projects and ideas; ensure leadership and cross-functional partners are aware of and bought into new marketing initiatives
- Champion new pilots and projects across the totality of the member experience, inclusive of integration with ancillary offerings (Personal Training, Pilates, Shop, Spa, Group Fitness)
- Strong ability to pull together disparate pieces of information and articulate the challenge and opportunity to more junior team and leadership
- Refine program KPIs, working with the team to manage performance and reporting, ultimately using data and insights to refine the member experience
- Manage and mentor Member Marketing team
- 15 years of experience with omnichannel marketing, open to brand or agency experience
- Experience managing a CRM team
- Proven experience building and maintaining cross-functional relationships at every level of the organization
- Proven experience with audience segmentation, personalization, outlining customer journeys and omnichannel activation
- Ability and desire to challenge the status quo by creating and driving innovation
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage, implement and analyze a wide range of initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to disseminate ideas and findings to varying groups/levels of stakeholders
- Ability and desire to both work strategically and get their hands dirty in the execution of omnichannel campaigns
- Experience overseeing online CRM and Campaign Management tools and any other personalized digital tools — CDP experience a major plus
- Analytical and thoughtful – excited about testing new ideas and work towards validating results
- Strong interest in using data to derive insights to build a strategy that ultimately solves a business problem
- BA required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.