Counsel, Privacy and Regulatory - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY, USA
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Counsel, Privacy and Regulatory role will be primarily responsible for supporting the legal needs of Equinox Group and its portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness Clubs, Equinox Plus, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels, with respect to all privacy, regulatory and other compliance matters. This individual must have substantive expertise in key regulations, strong experience drafting and implementing policies and compliance programs, and an appetite for learning and counseling complex, cross-functional projects in a high-growth business. They should be a business-oriented lawyer with the ability to recommend solutions and risk-mitigation strategies in a fast-paced environment.
- 6-8 years of legal experience handling a variety of privacy and other regulatory matters.
- CIPP/US certification required
- Prior in-house experience at fast-paced, data-driven and/or consumer-facing business strongly preferred
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Local candidates only
- Oversee all legal and regulatory matters related to data collection, privacy and security, including by managing CCPA, GDPR and other privacy compliance programs and advising on the use of emerging technologies such as biometrics and location-based services.
- Advise on best practices and compliance for global regulatory matters across the organization, including by developing, maintaining and enhancing processes, policies and procedures and implementing compliance training and monitoring.
- Maintain knowledge of current and proposed laws and regulations applicable to the businesses worldwide, including CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, as well as OFAC, FCPA, and AML laws, assessing impact on current businesses and recommending changes necessary to ensure compliance and mitigate risk.
- Provide day-to-day legal support and advice on a variety of initiatives, working closely and collaboratively with sales, data, technology, finance and operational teams and supporting colleagues across the Legal Department.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.