General Manager, San Francisco - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
As a General Manager, you will oversee the club’s revenue and expense goals, administer the continued career development of the staff, and maintain Equinox’s high level of customer service. You will also manage all program revenue and expense goals, and implement and support company initiatives to help generate new sales leads for continued membership growth.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Hiring, training, motivating, directing, coaching and evaluating all club managers
- Maximizing member retention by ensuring high levels of customer service, cleanliness, a variety of innovative and educational programs, continual club upgrades and responsiveness to member feedback
- Ensuring that the club meets all of Equinox’s standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety, security and physical plant operations as well as business and financial goals
- Maintaining current knowledge of key competitors, and ensuring club participation in local community events
- Qualified candidates should possess at least 5 - 7 years of traditional brick & mortar OR hospitality management experience with proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional setting
- Candidates should be able to hire, direct, coach, train and evaluate staff and possess excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proven financial, business and human resource management and computer literacy are also expected
- Career ambition in health & wellness, hospitality, entrepreneurship, and brick & mortar business management
- Ideal candidate will be passionate, knowledgeable, and have a personal commitment to health & wellness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to utilize new techniques and ideas are imperative
- Evening and weekend hours are required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States