Manager Associate Buyer, Retail - Equinox Media
- New York, NY, USA
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
- Maintain a keen awareness of the changing internal/external business environment (i.e. emerging fashion trends, brands, styles, customer trends) & anticipate how these changes impact the business
- Own the open-to-buy process/lifecycle for your designated area of responsibility by initiating analysis & presenting strategies to drive sound business decisions
- Demonstrate mastery of systems (i.e. Excel) to efficiently find data essential to making sound business decisions
- Independently take the initiative to explore, implement & execute new ideas to drive sales; form relationships with vendors & negotiate terms
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Planning, Creative, Marketing, Operations, Site Merchandising, & Customer Experience to drive business decisions
- Assist in identifying future business risks & opportunities; develop & implement replacement & growth strategies
- Identify process inefficiencies & make recommendations for process improvements in a timely manner
- Anticipate problems & determine solutions to positively impact the business; reconcile receipts weekly to ensure PO's arrive on time & have booked correctly
- Ensure products are live on our website in a timely manner through collaboration with key cross functional stakeholders
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- Bachelor's Degree & Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong written & oral communication skills, excellent computer skills including MS Word & Excel
- Able to recognize when change is needed & effectively course corrects
- Identifies future business risks & opportunities. Develops & implements replacement & growth strategies.
- Self-starter who takes ownership & initiative & can excel in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proactive thinker with the ability to focus on meeting larger business goals
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze information to execute implementation suggestions or drive new ideas
- Strong communication & time-management skills, strong negotiation & relationship building skills
- Strong problem-solver & team player who acts as a go-to resource for Retail
- Balance urgent & effective action, commitment to excellence, & take initiative to resolve problems & work quality
- Sophisticated sense of style & appreciation for fashion with the ability to identify trends
- Ability to work with limited resources & willingness to be involved in many aspects of a growing company
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people’s lives.