Senior Designer/Associate Art Director, Creative - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Equinox Hotels, and Variis are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is currently seeking a hybrid Senior Designer / Associate Art Director with 4-6 years experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This candidate has an extremely collaborative, can-do attitude and is ready to jump in and make it happen. They are a conceptual thinker, have great communication skills and a strong design background in both digital and print. They are comfortable on set, and are working towards owning larger scale productions from soup to nuts. Luxury experience and a strong understanding of best practices within digital is a must. Proficiency with motion graphics and video editing is a huge plus.
This role reports in to the Art Director of Creative.
- Creates thoughtful and elevated design solutions across owned and paid media touchpoints
- Pitches creative concepts & art direction for brand content that continues to set us apart in the market place, and runs the production with support of the Art Director and Sr. Creative Director
- Helps maintain and evolve the brand’s elevated visual guidelines and standards.
- Brings knowledge of design, art, culture, fashion, trends to the table
- Assists in mentoring junior members of the team and fostering growth
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Social and other parts of the business.
- Works closely with the Art Director and Project Manager to ensure all objectives and deadlines are met.
- BA or equivalent in relevant field
- 4-6 years experience, preferably in luxury level fashion, lifestyle or service-driven brands.
- Excellent time management. Able to hit deadlines and work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Ability to present concepts and communicate thought process
- Self-motivation and accountability for work is essential
- Can-do attitude is a must
- Must be proficient in After Effects and/or Adobe Premier in addition to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Acrobat etc.
- Strong knowledge of best practices within web, app, organic and paid media
- Excellent typography and layout abilities
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/