Assistant General Manager, Westchester - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- Scarsdale, NY
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Assistant General Manager will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within all departments enabling the Equinox club to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Train and supervise the Front Desk, Housekeeping and M.O.D managers while helping the General Manager facilitate all delegated projects and responsibilities
- Manage multiple aspects of inventory control, payroll budget, daily bank deposits, shift coverage and general club maintenance
- Educate staff of proper company policies and procedures
- Qualified candidates must have proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional settings with 3-6 years of management experience in a customer service business
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to drive revenue
- Hire, direct and train staff as well as excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Financial management experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.