Senior Software Engineer (React) - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Precision Run and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
As a Senior Software Engineer - React you will be part of a new team within the Consumer Technology division at Equinox. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a team that is creating a fitness technology platform from the ground up. You will help develop new products collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of other engineers, product managers, and designers. You will help shape the team's standard UI methodologies through the use of tools and processes. You are passionate about users’ experiences, creative problem solving, and continuous learning.
You will also:
* Work within the Consumer Technology division within our engineering team
* Build polished, premium user interfaces and experiences
* Work with the backend team to define, design, and integrate RESTful APIs
* Work with product managers to define scope, specifications, and estimates
* Conduct and participate in code reviews
* Be able to lead and mentor more junior engineers
* Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
* Continually learn and evaluate the latest front end technologies and libraries
* You have 3+ years of professional experience with React
* You have 1+ years of professional experience with Redux and its associated middlewares
* You have a strong understanding of responsive design and modern CSS techniques
* You have a strong understanding of HTTP and have experience using RESTful APIs
* You work in unit test frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, Cypress, etc
* You work with front-end build tools like Webpack, Gulp, etc
* You have keen attention to detail when working with designs and product specs
* You are comfortable using distributed version control, e.g. git, with a large team
* You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* You are familiar with TypeScript and/or Flo
As a member of the Equinox Team you will receive:
- Complimentary Club Membership
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Discounts on services, products and much more
- Social/Educational events with other company interns
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.