Junior Python Developer - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Precision Run and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Junior Python Engineer to join our Data Insights team. This role is a hands-on engineering position responsible for the build and continued evolution of our data platform and integration tools. The data platform supports the daily functions of our data warehouse, business intelligence, and data science teams. Implementations require modern data processing, build of ETL pipelines and custom APIs.
- Design, develop, deploy and manage a reliable and scalable data analysis pipeline, using technologies including Python, Spark, Redshift and SQL Server
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to develop new capabilities, including hands-on development responsibilities
- Ability to integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
- Document processes and standard operating procedures
- Evaluate and conduct POC’s (proof of concept) with new technologies
- Work and improve on various OSS projects, help bring new internal tools to the world
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working in an Engineering, Development, or Data Warehousing capacity
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- Knowledge of data analysis concepts using SQL
- A love for open source projects
- Creative, flexible, and quick to learn
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, multi-project, deadline driven environment within Agile framework
- Familiarity with unit testing, SDLC processes
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud (certification a plus)
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.