User Experience Research Summer Intern - Equinox Fitness Clubs
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Precision Run and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
June 1st-August 14th
We're deeply interested in our members and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The product team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. As a UX Research Intern, you will help us learn what people need and want from our products and services and evaluate user experience.
We are looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for wellness and an ambition to go far. You will be working closely with our product and data team. You will also take partake in product ideation sessions and workshops.
This is a 3-month, paid full-time or part-time internship that requires 20-40 hours onsite.
What You Will Do:
- Recruit members for usability tests and user interviews.
- Design and conduct usability tests to gauge the usability of new and existing features.
- Conduct 1:1 user interviews to inform the iteration of our behavioral archetypes.
- Help maintain our member panel, including tracking touchpoints and outreach.
- Analyze NPS and survey data to report on themes and deliver actionable insights.
- Document learnings, create short, valuable video clips and summaries from user interviews and/or usability tests to share with the larger team.
- We use Validately for an efficient clip-cutting and insights reporting process!
- Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Communicate with team members throughout the process.
- Work closely with and report to our Senior UX Researcher.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, familiar with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You have experience working in Excel, analyzing and tracking large datasets.
- You are an active listener who is not shy to ask why, and why again.
- Strong understanding and practice of empathy.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business teams, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English).
- Have a hunger to learn more about designing excellent user experiences.
- Are efficient, detail-oriented and organized; a fast learner and critical thinker.
- Constantly seek ways to iterate and improve upon your work.
- Value receiving, as well as giving, feedback.
- Not afraid to suggest new things, step outside of your creative comfort zone.
- Portfolio including:
- Documentation of previous user research, and/or
- Documentation of previous usability tests, and/or
- Mobile App design examples, and/or
- Other branding materials or graphic design examples
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Proficient in either Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma and InVision or proto.io.
- Have experience with SQL.
- Know your way around video editing.
- You can speak more than one language.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.