Senior Travel Planner - Equinox Fitness
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Travel Planner will be tasked with creating highest-quality active domestic and international group trip
packages, utilizing extensive industry knowledge to develop best-in-class high-performance luxury fitness and
wellness itineraries that surprise and delight our customers.
A successful candidate will have worked in a similar role in the past and have significant domestic and
international travel experience, a love of the outdoors (hiking, biking, surfing, etc.), highly polished written
communication skills, and proficiency interfacing with the modern luxury travel consumer. Candidates with foreign language skills (particularly French, Spanish, and Italian) strongly preferred.
The Equinox offices are headquartered in New York City and in-office presence would be preferred but this
position is also open to external candidates who would work in a remote capacity.
• Leverage extensive travel planning experience to build high-quality active trip packages, US and
international, moving trips from ideation stage to sales stage to departure
• Prepare in-depth written documentation, including itineraries, master planning timelines, hotel
descriptions, sales sheets and much more
• Leverage existing relationships and grow network worldwide
• Recommend best-in-class vendors; transportation, meals, etc.
• Book and coordinate wide-ranging elements such as staff, venues, suppliers, transportation, meals and
activities, hotel booking and cancellation schedules
• Review vendor / hotel / supplier contracts
• Prepare trip budgets and establish trip pricing
• Log payments, reconcile expenses, and arrange vendor payments
• Manage all aspects of client relationship throughout the course of enquiry/booking
• Provide detailed post-trip reporting and review all trip feedback for constant improvement
• Assist in special projects as requested
• Keep abreast of current events, new openings and opportunities
• 3+ years of experience in a trip planning role, luxury active preferred
• Prior experience as guide / tour leader in a customer-facing role preferred
• Creative, passionate about travel, demonstrated ability to create exceptional itineraries
• Vast outdoor active experience, biking, hiking, water sports, etc.
• Well networked in the travel industry, domestically and/or internationally
• Experience working with cross-cultural and geographically dispersed teams
• Experience in fast-paced, start-up environments preferred
• Hospitality experience, particularly luxury market preferred
• Highly polished communication skills, skillful writer and researcher
• Strong knowledge of geography and international and domestic destinations
• Strong Microsoft Office experience especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Responsible and highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Written and spoken foreign language skills (particularly French, Spanish, and Italian) preferred
• Impeccable taste, knowledge of quality food and beverage, culturally minded
• Finger on the pulse of trends in fitness, health and wellness, fashion, food and current events
• Solutions & detail oriented, multi-tasker
• Proactive and bold; takes initiative and follows-through reliably, deadline driven, creative problem solver
• Ability to work flexible hours and travel frequently to accommodate trip schedules
• Team oriented, with a friendly, flexible outlook
• Valid driver’s license and valid passport required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.