Project Manager, Architecture
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Project Manager is directly responsible for the oversight of the development of commercial interior projects as well as contributing to brand direction and innovation. In this role, we are seeking a highly organized, proactive, hands-on project architect who possesses a sensitivity to design. This involves an immersion into the brand standards as well as active management of new developments from conception to completion.
This position reports directly to the Director and requires the ability to work well in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment. The position sits in our Flatiron headquarters in New York, New York.
- Manage consultant teams from project beginning to end. Includes due diligence phase through cowork office opening. Our cowork spaces will typically range from 7,000-40,000 SF and require the full range of architectural and engineering consultants
- Work closely with an outside cowork operator as well as in-house design team to plan, design, and execute the brand vision for each location
- Write RFP's, hire consultants, and negotiate contracts
- Manage consultant compliance with Equinox cowork design and brand standards
- Partner and coordinate with internal departments to ensure each location works for all stakeholders, including but not limited to: Design, Construction, Operations, Acquisitions, Finance, Creative, Food & Beverage
- Review and comment on submittals and shop drawings during construction
- Coordinate closely with construction department during construction to ensure the space is built on time and on budget.
- Travel to and participate in site meetings throughout the life of the project and help the operations team set-up and open new spaces
- Identify, manage, and resolve design related issues during construction.
- Support the in-house acquisitions team during lease negotiation
- Coordinate with landlords to ensure lease requirements are being met
- Embrace and help improve upon the Equinox design standards. Including: updating internal processes, researching new materials or methods, partnering with operations and facilities to understand legacy and maintenance issues, identifying opportunities for the use of new technology or materials especially in green building
- Provide internal project schedules and program charts
- Assist the senior team with plans, project updates, images, finish materials, program charts, for weekly executive meetings
- Execute various brand initiatives in support of other internal departments
- Domestic travel is required
- Project Architect with a minimum of 6 years successful track record in the oversight and direct involvement of highly designed commercial interior development (This should also include a years’ worth of experience designing for Retail, hotel or multiuse facilities)
- Bachelor’s degree of Architecture degree
- Fluent in Sketchup, ACAD, Microsoft Office, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be capable of putting together a tight set of CDs and a proven track record for collaborating across all departments to achieve a successful outcome
- Able to develop, communicate and successfully implement a management strategy to execute projects
- Strong technical detailing skills
- Proven successful track record in delivering high-end commercial interiors
- Strong financial, analytical and business acumen.
- On Site Construction Administration experience
- Fluency in building, energy and disability codes/requirements
- Highly developed aesthetic sense combined with the ability to efficiently execute that design
- Intrinsic understanding of luxury brands, the discerning customer’s desire for refined ambience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.