Community and Events Manager
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
- Manage planning and production of all club events, with focus on building member community
- Building networking special interest groups for members
- Create an elevated experience environment where members feel comfortable spending 4+ hours in daily
- Develop local (and sometimes national) partnerships and influence relationships
- Source and work with local influencers
- Work collaboratively with club management team on event execution and staff presence at events including the set up and break down of furniture
- Oversee and produce all club-level member communications, working with regional marketing manager, work with creative department for development of all necessary assets (Digital, Splash hub, Print materials)
- Build positive relationships throughout the club to inspire event participation and increase communication for member community
- Manage club events using monthly budget tracker to ensure annual budget is not exceeded
- Support Equinox Sports Club brand positioning through club events
- Attend community functions to identify and network potential opportunities for future collaborations
- Frequently moves
- Weekly One-on-One meetings between General Manager and Event Manager.
- General Manager to communicate club updates with Events Manager and review upcoming events/support needed for the week.
- Attend weekly manager meetings and Membership Advisor meetings.
- Attend Monthly Personal Training forums and front desk meetings.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager during onboarding of new Membership Advisor's to ensure new advisors have dedicated training with respect to event success/communication in club.
- Regional Sales Manager and Assistant General Manager (or Front Desk Manager) collaboration during onboarding of new Front Desk Associates to ensure new associates have dedicated training with respect to event success/communication in club.
- Presence at events (management commit to at least 3 events per month).
- GM/RSM to ensure MA presence at events.
HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED
- KPI'S include:
- Member feedback from NPS (performed monthly)
- Secret shop reports
- RSVP numbers, and checked in numbers managed through SPLASH
- Member engagement and "club-buzz"
- Referral sales
- 5 + Years of events, Public Relations or hospitality experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree preferably in marketing, public relations or communications
- Experience in media relations, event planning, plus strong people skills
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability
- Oral and written communication skills
- Frequently move furniture and other equipment to stage event space
- Proven success collaborating with various stakeholders
- Ability to build authentic relationships
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.