Director of Finance
- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Initial financial management executive to provide effective leadership and execution over all Finance functions, including the Financial Planning and Analysis process, cash flow planning and forecasting, reporting and expense management. Provide financial perspectives and analysis to drive business decisions.
- Develop and prepare annual budget. Assist in setting annual budget targets, lead the business units and corporate divisions through the process and prepare the annual financial budget for presentation to executive management.
- Maintain a dynamic monthly financial forecasting model including risks/opportunities and cash flow. Build relationships with key stakeholders to manage ongoing business needs. Support decision making by identifying necessary actionable steps in response to key variances.
- Provide monthly cash draw requests to accurately support business needs while minimizing interest expense
- Monitor business unit and cost center adherence to approved budget and perform variance analysis.
- Manage a transition services agreement relationships for operating support, including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Risk Management and Tax. Support and manage a hiring plan to cost effectively reduce required transition services.
- Determine business start-up efficiencies and develop a plan to execute as business grows
- Improve operating teams’ understanding of financial statements with thoughtful and transparent analysis. Collaborate with the operating team and provide fact-based recommendations which improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the maintenance of Hyperion Essbase and development with changing business needs.
- Minimum seven to ten (7 – 10) years of experience which can be comprised of a mix of relevant experience, with stronger weighting towards corporate finance roles within an operating company
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting or equivalent discipline a must.
- MBA/CPA and/or startup experience within a Digital Company a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills as a power user of business analytics and FP&A support tools such as Hyperion Essbase.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact well with senior management and communicate effectively in meetings.
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the operating team.
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced, high-growth environment.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.