- New York, NY, USA
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a multiple Backend Engineers across all levels to join their Consumer Technology division. This role will work with our team of software engineers to build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems as we scale our product and organization. You will work within a cross-functional team of engineers while partnering with product, design, QA, and other divisions of Equinox Technology. As a key member in the consumer technology team, you’ll get to work on highly impactful consumer facing products that are used by our passionate member-base daily.
Candidates should love what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things.
This position is a full-time position located at our NYC Corporate Office in the Murray Hill Neighborhood of Manhattan.
- Work closely with a team of software engineers to design, develop and support APIs
- Write clean, well-documented code for a range of products and services
- Contribute to technical architecture to enable scalable and extensible solutions
- Enforce coding standards through design, architectural, and peer reviews, test driven development, and automated workflows via CI/CD processes
- Ensure up-to-date documentation for systems, applications, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert level experience in architecting and coding in Python
- Strong skills in architecting enterprise level, scalable solutions
- Expert level experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of AWS, specifically EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda
- Experience utilizing modern caching via CDN as well as ElastiCache and Redis or Memcached
- A proven track record of practical problem solving and strong communication
- Support and knowledge of agile development practices
- An understanding of mobile development languages and frameworks
- Previous coding experience with Java or .Net
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies including React.js, React Native, Node.js and Vue.js
- Experience evaluating and improving legacy systems
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our company and career opportunities, please visit careers.equinox.com and http://tech.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.