Software Development Engineer in Test - Java
- New York, NY, us
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join their team. In this role, you will be creating and designing test automation framework for web applications. You will be working with cross-functional teams across Equinox Technology to launch best in class technical solutions for web application testing. You will work directly with Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, and Program Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms. You will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will be a key member of a team building an innovative new product that will change our member’s lives.
The personal who will be seated in this role must have previous experience using Java and automation tools for web testing.
- Accountable for overall design, creation and maintenance of automation framework using Selenium
- Experienced in improving QA efficiency by enforcing in-sprint automation
- Analyze and synthesize requirements to create automation test plan, scope and test cases.
- Hands on Experience web manual, automation testing using java.
- Collaborate with SDET Manager, Architect & other QA Automation Engineers.
- 5+ years of experience in testing with 4+ years in web preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with java.
- High level proficiency with automation tools like Selenium.
- Strong problem identification and solving skills.
- Works well in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Strong communication skills, oral and written - able to engender trust and respect of peers and stakeholders
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Good understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts
- Experience with Debugging
- Proficient in Git, Bitbucket or Version control tool
- Build framework from scratch
- Excellent grasp on Page object Model & TestNG
- Proficient in automating API using Restful services
- Good SQL skills is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Dockers, AWS
- Familiar with BDD Framework Such as: Cucumber, Rspec, etc
- Experience working in CI/CD Environment such as Jenkins
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.