2024 Graduate Support Program for Enrolled Nurses
- Hospital/Service: Epworth Corporate
Epworth HealthCare is Victoria’s largest not-for-profit private health care group, renowned for excellence in diagnosis, treatment, care and rehabilitation. Epworth is an innovator in Australia’s health system, embracing the latest in evidence-based medicine to pioneer treatments and services for our patients.
Our values and purpose define Epworth's approach and delivery. We pride ourselves on communicating and delivering them in a real and meaningful way. Every Patient Matters.
Joining our 2024 Graduate Support Program, you will be welcomed into an environment that cares for its people. Through your first 12-months of joining Epworth HealthCare you will develop a sense of belonging and begin your transition into becoming a confident and competent enrolled nurse.
A multi-tiered approach to your support sees you have access to dedicated graduate support team, ward-based educators, preceptors and clinical specialists who will be available to answer your questions and guide your clinical practice. This diverse support team works closely with the Group Manager of Early Years Programs to ensure your program is well designed and meets the needs of today’s graduate nurse.
What is on offer?
- Generous supernumerary time to support your transition to clinical practice.
- Dedicated support from an experienced team across each site.
- Group and site-based orientation days.
- Paid study days throughout your program.
Eight hospital sites:
- Epworth Geelong
- Epworth Richmond
- Epworth Freemasons (Two hospitals in East Melbourne)
- Epworth Eastern (Box Hill)
- Epworth Brighton
- Epworth Camberwell
- Epworth Hawthorn
General Nurse Graduate Support Program
- Your program offers a part-time rotating roster with the flexibility to complete rotations in acute, sub-acute and specialty areas.
- This is offered across our eight locations Brighton, Camberwell, Eastern (Box Hill), Freemasons (two hospitals in East Melbourne), Geelong, Hawthorn and Richmond.
- March and July intakes.
For more detailed information about our Enrolled Nurse Graduate Support Program, explore the Epworth website here.
To be successful in this role...
You are passionate about delivering an exceptional patient experience by delivering high-quality nursing care. Professional and empathetic in your personal conduct, you have the ability to inspire others and be a positive role model. You are motivated to continually learn, improve and promote best practice.
What you need
To be eligible for our Graduate Support Program, you will need:
- To be on track to successfully complete your diploma by the start of your program
- To anticipate being granted AHPRA registration by the commencement date of your program
- An Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency; New Zealand Citizenship OR anticipate having a working visa with unrestricted rights to work in Australia on a part-time contract
At Epworth, it’s a community. It’s the sense of belonging and being part of an organisation that puts the patient in the centre of all that is done. In addition to this, you will have access to:
- Epworth’s enhanced Not for Profit status (and not available in the public sector) provides the opportunity for employees to salary package up to $15,900 pre-tax annually, leading to greater take home pay
- Ability to purchase up to four additional weeks of leave
- Reduced cost of health services for you and your family at Epworth
- Ongoing career opportunities when you complete your program, including transition to speciality practice, postgraduate and scholarship opportunities
- Supernumerary time at the start of each block rotation
- Development opportunities throughout your Graduate Support Program
- The largest educational scholarship program of its kind in Australia
At Epworth, we care.
We care about our patients and we care about our people. We care about keeping everyone safe. We care about valuing and empowering our people, and growing careers. And we care about giving our people support and flexibility to thrive, and contribute to our communities.
Enquire / Apply
Sound interesting? To apply, click the Apply/I'm interested button and upload your resume including a list of your clinical placements and two clinical placement referees
In addition to this, after submitting your application you will receive an email explaining how to upload your additional documents.
- Upload your cover letter letting us know why you want to join Epworth HealthCare plus why your preferred location/s and start date/s
- Upload your most up to date Academic Transcript
- Upload two (2) clinical placement reports with comments
- Upload a small headshot photograph of yourself (can be included in your resume)
- Visa grant notice (ONLY required for applicants without an Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency; OR New Zealand Citizenship)
Applications will close on November 7th, 2023.
For more information, refer to the attached position description or contact [email protected].
As a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), it is a condition of employment with Epworth HealthCare, subject to reasonable exemptions, that you have had COVID-19 vaccinations, including where recommended by public health authorities and booster vaccinations.
As a child safe organisation, all successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by Epworth) and hold a valid employee Working with Children Check (provided by you).
At Epworth, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential to our culture and values. We focus on fairness and opportunity for all – across race, ability, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – that reflect the communities we work in. At Epworth, we care.