3D Character Artist
- 105 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.
In this volunteer position we are looking for someone who specializes in creating realistic 3D Character Body, Face, Hair and/or Clothing/Armor Meshes and Textures for our game "The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order" (LoA:SO).
We are currently using Reallusion Character Creator 3 (https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/) to create out Human Characters. It is used to Sculpt Characters. While CC3 offers some Hair and Clothing/Armor options, we especially need 3D Character Artists to create Hair, Clothing and Armor that our Project needs that CC3 can't provide. While experience with CC3 is recommended, we aren't requiring it for new 3D Character Artists. If you don't own a copy of CC3, we can get you a copy of the software.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include following team policies (given through team orientation as upon acceptance to the team) as well as attending meetings through Slack (our instant message program that we use to communicate)
- Creating realistic Human Character Meshes and Textures
- Creating realistic Human Clothing / Armor Meshes and Textures
- Creating Human Hair sculpts using Hair Card and Alpha Planes
- Physically-based Rendering (PBR) experience for game sculpting required
- Previous experience working with low-poly/game-ready assets required
- Full Texturing ability (Diffuse, Normal, Displacement etc).
- Able to work effectively and accurately from pre-defined concept art and designs.
- Able to work with and provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Communication and Team-collaboration skills.
- A passion for modeling and a dedication to creating AAA quality games.
- Previous experience using Reallusion Character Creator 3 (CC3)
- Unreal Engine 4 (https://www.unrealengine.com/register)
- 3D Modeling Software, be it 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or similar. Must have valid license for said software, as we are without the funding necessary to provide licenses to Developers at this time.
- Adobe Photoshop, GIMP or similar for creating high-quality 2D Textures.
- Reallusion Character Creator 3 (CC3) (https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/)